A Little Bird Co.
Seedball Wildflower Seeds
Wildflower seedballs are an easy-to-use form of wildflower seeds that are used to encourage pollinators to the garden. Seedball has a range of wildflower seedballs which are available at A Little Bird Company. Wildflower seeds encourage a mix of beautiful flowers to grow in your garden, strengthening your eco-system and encouraging more variety of wildlife to visit your garden.
All you need to do is scatter Seedball Wildflower seeds wherever you would like a display of wildflowers in your garden, whether this be in a pot or directly in the flower bed. Water them and wait for the flowers to bloom. Seedballs are the easiest form of seed to plant, you don’t even need to dig them into the soil!
The wildflower seeds are encased in a ball of dry clay (to protect them from mice and ants while they germinate) and mineral rich compost and they are laced with a little dried chilli to put off slugs and snails.
The Seedball Urban Meadow Mix has been created in collaboration with the River of Flowers initiative, a non profit, social enterprise aiming to initiate 'rivers' of wildflowers and wild flowering trees in urban environments in order to feed, shelter, protect and heal bees and other pollinators. This is a great way to encourage young children to plant and care for some plants in the garden - they won't germinate straight away so a little patience is required.
Each tin contains 20 wildflower seedballs containing a beautiful blend of:
- Common Toadflax (Linaria vulgaris) Perennial, flowering from June to October (10-150cm)
- Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus) Annual, flowering from June to August (90cm)
- Cowslip (Primula veris) Perennial, flowering in April and May (20-30cm)
- Meadown Cranesbill (Geranium pratense) Perennial, flowering from June to September (30-70cm)
- Musk Mallow (Malva moschata) Annual, flowering from June to August (40-70cm)
- Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare) Perennial, flowering from May to September (30-90cm)
- Corn Marigold (Chrysanthemum segetum) Annual, flowering from June to October (51-60cm)
- Common Poppy (Papaver rhoeas) Annual, flowering from May to July (30-60cm)
- Greater Knapweed (Centaurea scabiosa) Perennial, flowering from July to September (30-100cm)
- Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) Perennial, flowering June to August (10-40cm)
- Tufted Vetch (Vicia cracca) Perennial, flowering June to August (20-100cm)
- Wild Carrot (Daucus carota) Biennial, flowering June to August (30-70cm)
These blends of wildflower seeds are great for scattering in February to May and August to October.
Seedball Wildflower Seeds